This checklist is your guide for making the job search process easier. The activities within each category don't need to be done in order.Just check them off as you go!
- Explore part-time jobs (on or off-campus).
- Identify a career mentor.
- Attend UNT Career Fairs and Festivals.
- Get involved in a student organization or volunteer experience.
Career Exploration (Freshmen and Sophomores)
- Meet with your Career Advisor. (Call to schedule.)
- Register with the Eagle Careers.
- Take a career assessment.
- Conduct an informational interview.
- Meet with your academic advisor to develop your University Core Curriculum.
- Research occupations online.
- Officially declare a major.
Job Search and Application (Juniors and Seniors)
- Meet with your Career Advisor to review your resume and discuss job search strategies. (Call to schedule.)
- Check the Eagle Careers regularly.
- Take on a Leadership role in a professional and/or student organization.
- Discuss graduate school, internships, and career opportunities with your career mentor, academic mentor and/or faculty.
- Attend Career Seminars.
- Create your "Two-Minute Commercial."
- Select at least 3 references for job applications.
- Participate in mock interviews.
- Research employers.
- Update your resume regularly, and keep it posted on the Eagle Careers.
- Participate in on-campus interviews.
- Find an internship.
Download the Career Development Checklist.