DSA Staff Members Graduate from the Supervisory Building Blocks Certificate Program
- Carolyn Blevins, Housing and Residence Life
- Lauren Burton, TRIO Programs
- Aundrea Caraway, Orientation and Transition Programs
- Hannah Eblen, Dean of Students Office
- Kelsey Kunkle, Orientation and Transition Programs
- Steven Meehin, University Union
- John Shelton, Student Health and Wellness Center
- Kyle Tilton, Recreational Sports
- Joshua Walton, Orientation and Transition Programs
The program is designed to strengthen and develop the skills of new and existing supervisors. Sessions address multiple aspects of supervision and provide attendees with an opportunity to learn collaboratively with supervisors from across the campus.
“You have taken the time to be a better supervisor and a better co-worker,” said Bob Brown, vice president for finance and administration, upon addressing the graduates. “You wanted to invest in yourself and your institution.”
There are currently 270 UNT System employees enrolled in the program. Since its creation in 2015, there have been 237 graduates across the UNT System, with 194 coming from the main UNT campus.
Supervisory Building Blocks sessions are currently in rotation at UNT, UNT Dallas and UNT Health Science Center. System supervisors may sign-up and attend sessions at a location most convenient for them. Team members who complete a total of 30 hours of training, including all foundation sessions and six hours of elective sessions, will earn a certificate of achievement.
For more information on the SBB Program or to enroll, click here.