Raupe Travel Grant
The Raupe Travel Grant is a scholarship offered to University of North Texas undergraduate students who are attending a conference that will not only benefit the university but themselves as well, enriching the student with the knowledge and a learning experience that they can’t get in a classroom setting.
Students can receive up to $750 per semester towards their conference(s). Registered student organizations can receive up to $3,000 (up to $750 per student for up to 4 students) towards their conference(s). The Raupe Travel Grant is offered on a first come, first served basis. Students are encouraged to apply early in the semester, as soon as they are aware of an upcoming conference.
Unlike previous years, these funds will be distributed after the conference once receipts are uploaded to OrgSync.* These receipts must be uploaded within 14 days of the last day of the conference; otherwise, you may forfeit your reimbursement.
As of this year, the Raupe Travel Grant is only available to undergraduate students. Additional funds have been set aside for graduate students through the Toulouse Graduate School. If you are a graduate student interested in conference funds, please contact the Graduate Student Council via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please note that students who are not able to front the funds to pay for their conference may apply for a short-term loan through the Student Money Management Center. Information about this opportunity will be provided in the SGA Resource Meeting.
How to Apply
In order to receive any funding, ALL of the following steps must be completed by an individual student:
- Attend an SGA Resource Meeting (dates/times/locations can be found below).
- Complete the online application (via OrgSync) no more than three (3) months in advance of the conference.
- Present to the SGA Raupe committee at the scheduled time set by the Director of Student Allocations over the Raupe Grant.
- Upload itemized receipts within 14 days of the last day of the conference; otherwise, you may forfeit your reimbursement.
Review the B. Craig Raupe Memorial Travel Grant Policy and Funding Guidelines for requirements and restrictions on funding, applying, and the guidelines for your presentations. Additionally, you can check out our Raupe bylaws for more detailed information.
If you have any questions please contact SGA:
- SGA Phone: (940) 565-3850
- SGA Email: email@example.com
- SGA Office: Union, Suite 344
- Thursday, July 26th: 6:30 pm – Union 401
*These Resource Meetings are held in conjunction with the Director of Student Allocations over the Eagle’s Nest Grant.