About Live Music Programs
The live music branch of UPC focuses on bringing campus to life through different shows and events throughout the semester. We bring in student artists, up-and-coming artists, and host events such as DJ Wars, Open Mic Nights, Battle of the Bands and our annual campus music fest, North by North Texas.
Upcoming Events this semester include:
- Nighttime Tunes | March 22, 2018 | 8:00pm - 10:00pm | Union Rooftop | Hot-chocolate, friends, and music! Join us on the rooftop for a night of tunes!
- Battle of the Bands | March 29, 2018 | 7:00pm - 9:00pm | Syndicate | Watch some of UNT’s talented student bands battle it out for a spot in the NXNT lineup!
- Syndicate Sessions | April 12, 2018 | 7:30pm-8:30pm | Syndicate | Kick back and enjoy some live music!
- 1155 Live ft. UNT Students | April 17, 2018 | 12:00pm - 1:00pm | Union Patio | Hear some talented musicians during your lunch hour!
- North by North Texas | April 27, 2018 | 4:00pm - 9:30pm | Union Patio, Syndicate, Library Mall | Join us for our 4th annual music festival! Follow us on social media for lineup annoucnements.
Meet the Coordinator!
Clarissa Medrano is the Live Music Coordinator for the 2017-2018 year.
Major: Media Arts and Philosophy
Favorite thing about UPC: The diversity of the organization! It's a rewarding student org., not only for the student body who gets to participate, but also for all of the creative students running it.
Favorite program so far this year: It was definitely volunteering for North by North Texas. I was working the popcorn machine that event, so I got to listen and jam to some awesome music while serving the best snack to excited students.
Dream program to bring to UNT: My dream event would be to bring together all of the event coordinators for one massive UPC festival day. A moving screening, art show, an activity relating to school spirit, education, entertainment, and a music headliner to top it off.
What are you looking foward to this year: What I am most looking forward to is bring musicians to campus that students are excited to hear, whether they actively listen to them or not. I want to make sure that there is a diverse set of musicians that appeal to a variety of music tastes that most students want to hear. I am also excited to collaborate with fellow coordinators and UPC members, to build stronger relationships within the organization to ensuring that our campus is creatively entertained.