About Special Programs
Special Programs are novelty, out-of-the-box events for students to enjoy.
Upcoming events this semester include:
- Superbowl Watch Party | February 4, 2018 | 7:00pm - 9:00pm | Syndicate | Calling all those who can sing, share poetry, write jokes or appreciate those who do!
- UNT Basketball Watch Party | February 8, 2018 | 7:00pm | Syndicate | Don't miss your shot to watch our UNT basketball team!
- Mardi Gras | February 13, 2018 | 2:00pm - 4:00pm | Library Mall | Enjoy the best of New Orleans with food, activities and jazz music!
- Bears for Bae | February 13, 2018 | 11:00am | Jade Eagle Ballroom, 333 | Celebrate Valentine’s Day by making a bear for that special someone in your life!
- Wild 'n Out: UNT Edition | February 19, 2018 | 6:30pm - 8:30pm | Lyceum | Join us for a wild time and good laughs during UPC's roast competition!
- Mean Green Bingo | February 21, 2018 | 12:00pm - 2:00pm | Jade Eagle Ballroom, 333 | Come test your luck at this Human themed bingo!
- Karaoke | February 21, 2018 | 6:30pm - 9:30pm | Syndicate | Sing your heart out or listen while others do!
Meet the Coordinators!
Destyni Clark is a Special Programs Coordinator for the 2017-2018 year.
Favorite thing about UPC: The safe environment we bring to campus, we make students feel like they belong and that's there's something for them.
Favorite program so far this year: My favorite past event was UPCarnival because I feel like it brought a lot of different types of students together; this event allowed students to be themselves and bring out their inner kid.
Dream program to bring to UNT: My dream UPC event will be Family feud because it brings many people together and I feel like it will be a fun event for people to really relax with people who they haven't connected with before!
What are you looking foward to this year: I'm looking forward to creating events for people that will make them feel like they truly belong at UNT.
Eleonor Jackson is a Special Programs Coordinator for the 2017-2018 year.
Major: Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management
Favorite thing about UPC: My favorite thing about UPC is the wonderful people and role models that I get to connect with. Also, I love that I have been positively influenced in some strong role models in UPC who have become my mentors, inspirations, and loving family!
Favorite program so far this year: My favorite UPC event is Canvas Creations! It is super fun and relaxing with friends and is one of the best events on campus.
Dream program to bring to UNT: My dream event for UPC is to have a huge diversity fair! This would be a great place to show case UNT's beautiful diversity while educating and representing all the great, differing students at UNT!
What are you looking foward to this year: I am looking forward to new ideas, new faces and a new perspective while working on the 2017 UPC Executive Board. I am excited to learn how to create programs, budget, and be inclusive and innovative while working on a team with some of the most amazing students and leaders at UNT. I am so excited to serve UPC and UNT as the Coordinator of Special Programs!