About Special Programs
Special Programs are novelty, out-of-the-box events for students to enjoy.
Upcoming events this semester include:
- Family Fued | March 27, 2018 | 7:00pm - 9:00pm | Lyceum | Come see if your ‘’good answer” will make it on the board!
- GloCade | April 2, 2018 | 4:00pm - 8:00pm | Emerald Eagle Ballroom 314 | Show up to glow up with games, music and dancing!
- Lotería | April 16, 2018 | 12:00pm - 2:00pm | Jade Eagle Ballroom 333 | Similar to American style bingo and originating in Mexico, Lotería is a game of chance with richly illustrated characters and riddles!
- Karaoke | April 23, 2018 | 7:00pm - 9:00pm | Syndicate | Enjoy some throwbacks at this 2000's themed karaoke!
- Dog Therapy | April 24, 2018 | 2:00pm - 4:00pm | Emerald Eagle Ballroom 314 | Take a break and relax with man’s best friend!
- UPCarnival | April 26, 2018 | 12:00pm - 2:00pm | Union South Lawn | Come out and have fun at the Carnival!
Meet the Coordinators!
Destyni Clark is a Special Programs Coordinator for the 2017-2018 year.
Favorite thing about UPC: The safe environment we bring to campus, we make students feel like they belong and that's there's something for them.
Favorite program so far this year: My favorite past event was UPCarnival because I feel like it brought a lot of different types of students together; this event allowed students to be themselves and bring out their inner kid.
Dream program to bring to UNT: My dream UPC event will be Family feud because it brings many people together and I feel like it will be a fun event for people to really relax with people who they haven't connected with before!
What are you looking foward to this year: I'm looking forward to creating events for people that will make them feel like they truly belong at UNT.
Eleonor Jackson is a Special Programs Coordinator for the 2017-2018 year.
Major: Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management
Favorite thing about UPC: My favorite thing about UPC is the wonderful people and role models that I get to connect with. Also, I love that I have been positively influenced in some strong role models in UPC who have become my mentors, inspirations, and loving family!
Favorite program so far this year: My favorite UPC event is Canvas Creations! It is super fun and relaxing with friends and is one of the best events on campus.
Dream program to bring to UNT: My dream event for UPC is to have a huge diversity fair! This would be a great place to show case UNT's beautiful diversity while educating and representing all the great, differing students at UNT!
What are you looking foward to this year: I am looking forward to new ideas, new faces and a new perspective while working on the 2017 UPC Executive Board. I am excited to learn how to create programs, budget, and be inclusive and innovative while working on a team with some of the most amazing students and leaders at UNT. I am so excited to serve UPC and UNT as the Coordinator of Special Programs!