Individual counseling sessions provide a confidential setting where military-affiliated students work with a counselor to address personal, social, and academic issues, which may include:
- Emotional concerns such as Anxiety, Depression, Grief, and Anger,
- Concerns associated with Deployment, Redeployment, and Re-enlistment,
- Relationship concerns (marital, friends, family),
- Substance Abuse,
- Traumatic and Post Traumatic Stress, and
- Decision Making or Problem Solving.
The Drop-in Group provides group therapy, a place where military-affiliated students can discuss concerns, receive information on psychological health, and connect with other military and veteran students.
The Drop-in Group meets on Wednesdays from 3:00 to 4:30 pm at Sage Hall, Room 123. There is no cost for group therapy or individual therapy. The services are confidential.
The Counseling and Testing Services offers crisis services during university office hours. For help when university offices are closed, contact the University Police at 940-565-3003, and they can assist you in contacting an on-call counselor.
For more information about the services offered through UNT's Counseling and Testing Services, call 940-565-2741 or visit studentaffairs.unt.edu/counseling-testing-services.