June is Pride Month an annual celebration to honor the work to achieve equal justice and equal opportunity for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (LGBTQ) Americans.
While this is not a comprehensive list, here are some LGBTQ+ resources available to our students, faculty and staff.
LGBT History in Denton | Division of Institutional Equity & Diversity (unt.edu)
Pride Alliance Resources | Division of Institutional Equity & Diversity (unt.edu)
LGBTQ | Division of Student Affairs (unt.edu)
Trans Students and University Housing | Division of Institutional Equity & Diversity (unt.edu)
LGBTQ+ – Career Center | University of North Texas (unt.edu)
Resource Center LGBT Collection of the UNT Libraries, 1940-2011 | University of North Texas Special Collections
Also, as a reminder, you can order a UNT Proud T-shirt to celebrate Pride Month from UNT Printing and Distribution Services.
This also is the month when we celebrate Juneteenth — the oldest national commemoration of the ending of slavery in the United States. While the Emancipation Proclamation declared “that all persons held as slaves” within the rebellious states were free as of January 1, 1863, many enslaved African Americans in Texas only learned of their freedom on June 19, 1865, when Union soldiers arrived in Galveston with the news that the war was over and slavery had ended.
This Friday, the UNT Frisco Diversity and Inclusion Council and Diversity & Inclusion are partnering to host a Juneteenth webinar: The Social and Economic Value of Juneteenth with keynote speaker Curtis Faulkner. Subscribe to the UNT Institutional Equity and Diversity YouTube channel to be notified when the webinar is available.
Also, the City of Denton will celebrate Juneteenth this Saturday, June 19 at Fred Moore Park. See the official Denton Juneteenth Celebration site for more information.
Elizabeth With Ed.D.
Vice President for Student Affairs
- About Us
- Office of the Vice President
- Buildings and Locations
- Marketing and Communications
- Student Support Task Force
- Points of Pride
- DSA Staff Resources
- Career Center
- Center for Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Center for Leadership and Service
- Center for Student Affairs at Discovery Park
- Coliseum and Gateway Center
- Counseling and Testing Services
- Dean of Students
- Dining Services
- Emerald Eagle Scholars
- First Generation-Success Center
- Green Jackets
- High School Career Connect
- Housing and Residence Life
- North Texas in D.C.
- Off-Campus Student Services
- Office of Disability Access
- Orientation and Transition Programs
- RISE- Recovery & Intervention Support & Education
- Recreational Sports
- Spiritual Life
- Student Activities
- Student Health and Wellness Center
- Student Government Association (SGA)
- Student Legal Services
- Student Money Management Center
- Student Veteran Services
- TRIO Programs
- University Union
- UNT at Frisco
- We Mean Green Fund
- Programs & Services
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Log In