After serving UNT for more than 25 years, Maureen “Moe” McGuinness, Assistant Vice President and Dean of Students, has announced her retirement effective March 3, 2023. I have had the privilege of working with Moe for more than 30 years. First at UTA and then for the past 25 years here at UNT. I can’t overstate the impact Moe has on UNT and our students. Her love for our students, the campus and our traditions combined with her overall Mean Green pride cannot be overstated. Her passion for students is inspirational, her Mean Green pride is infectious and her presence on our campus will be sorely missed. Thank you is not enough to say to someone who has dedicated her professional life to the wellbeing, and betterment of thousands of students, but I say it just the same. Thank you Moe, for your dedication and tireless work all these years.
A more comprehensive campus-wide message will be shared in the future, but in the meantime, I hope you will find a moment in the months ahead to share your best wishes with Moe. We will celebrate Moe in the spring and send her off in true Mean Green style.
Danny Armitage, Associate Vice President of Auxiliary Services, will step in as interim Dean of Students on Nov. 17 due to previously scheduled extended leave for Moe. Danny has more than 35 years of experience in student affairs and previously served as Dean of Students at the University of Memphis. I thank him for temporarily taking on this role while we conduct a national search.
Leadership changes bring a time of transition, growth and adjustment for all of us. I have faith in our teams’ ability to continue and move forward with the good and important work happening in our division.
Elizabeth With Ed.D.
Senior Vice President for Student Affairs
- About Us
- Career Center
- Center for Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Center for Leadership and Service
- Center for Student Affairs at Discovery Park
- Coliseum and Gateway Center
- Counseling and Testing Services
- Dean of Students
- Diamond Eagle Student Resource Center
- Dining Services
- Emerald Eagle Scholars
- First Generation-Success Center
- Green Jackets
- High School Career Connect
- Housing and Residence Life
- Multicultural Center
- North Texas in D.C.
- Off-Campus Student Services
- Office of Disability Access
- Online Student Experience
- Orientation and Transition Programs
- Pride Alliance
- RISE- Recovery & Intervention Support & Education
- Recreational Sports
- Spiritual Life
- Student Activities
- Student Health and Wellness Center
- Student Government Association (SGA)
- Student Legal Services
- Student Veteran Services
- TRIO Programs
- University Union
- UNT at Frisco
- We Mean Green Fund
- Programs & Services
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Log In