Have a list of Student ID's or EUID's from a presentation or workshop? Here's how to add the information to handshake.
Smaller Presentations/Workshops (< 30)
- Pull up the event in handshake
- Open check-in kiosk
- Enter the ID's manually. The kiosk says "enter email address or username," but their student ID will work.
Larger Presentations/Workshops (> 30)
For larger events, you'll need to prepare a CSV file for upload.
Formatting your CSV File:
Column A: identifiable_id. This can be found at the end of the event URL:
- Column B: identifiable_type. For presentations and workshops, this will always be Event
- Column C: student_email_address. If you have student ID's and need to find email adresses, email Corey or Gena the list of ID's.
- Column D: checked_in. This will always be listed as TRUE
- Column E: identifier. The heading needs to be there, but leave the rest of this column blank
- Save it to your computer (keep it CSV format)
If you have multiple presentations/workshops, you can list them in the same CSV, just make sure the ID's for each event are listed correctly.
The document will end up looking like this:
Once your CSV file is ready, email it to Corey for uploading into the system.