Pick-up Week of January 25 - https://forms.gle/dM1jzTnMC6Mr7siaA
We are currently doing contactless curbside pick-up ONLY. Pick-up is in the back of Crumley Hall.
STUDENTS CAN UTILIZE THE FOLLOWING DENTON COMMUNITY RESOURCES:
Denton Community Food Center
- 306 N. Loop 288, Suite 400 Denton 76209 940-382-0807 www.dentoncfc.org
- Food pantry, Drive-Thru distribution model at this time, may receive food once per month.
- Normal Operating Hours: 1-3 pm Monday-Friday
- 300 West Oak Street Denton, Texas 76201(940) 566-1308 www.ourdailybreaddenton.org
- The community soup kitchen serves lunch Monday through Saturday from 9am-12:45pm
- 1508 E. McKinney St. Denton TX (940) 566-3800 www.salvationarmydfw.org/p/locations/denton
- KARE Kitchen Breakfast: 6:00am -6:30am and Dinner: 6:30pm- 7:00pm
- Food Pantry: Wednesday/Friday - 1:00pm -3:45pm
- Emergency Night Shelter: The shelter opens at 5:00 p.m. and new intakes are registered on a first-come-first-serve basis.
The University of North Texas is taking action to address food insecurity among its students through a vision of partnership and community building. The Dean of Students Office established a pantry in 2015 that provides an accessible on-campus food source for students in need. The food pantry is currently housed in the Diamond Eagles Student Resource Center in Crumley Hall.
Who It Serves
Any currently enrolled student. We are currently operating by curbside pick-up only; this website will be updated weekly with a sign-up sheet of time slots. Students can get in through the back door near the loading docks. Students who visit the food pantry can request to meet with a staff member to discuss any difficulties they may be facing. When appropriate, a referral to additional campus and/or community resources will be made. The Dean of Students Office has established protocols that allow for student confidentiality and dignity to be maintained. There are also pantries located at the Discovery Park in Room A160 next to the College of Engineering-Office of the Dean and UNT's New College at Frisco, which can be accessed by visiting the information desk.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a pick-up or drop-off time for donations. Targeted items needed include:
|Pasta Sides||Fruit Snacks||Canned Fruit||Instant Rice||Pudding Cups|
|Mashed Potatoes||Fruit Cups||Chef Boyardee||Canned Tuna & Chicken||Muffins|
|Boxed Cereal||Microwave Popcorn||Chili||Crackers||Toiletries|
|Oatmeal||Frozen Meals||Canned Beans||Granola Bars||Hygiene Products|
Additionally, partnerships have been established with various departments throughout the UNT campus to secure monthly donations. These units will conduct canned food drives within their departments and will donate items to the UNT Food Pantry during their designated month. The vision is for the UNT community to take a collective approach in addressing student hunger and take pride in the fact that together we can ensure that no student’s success is compromised because of food insecurity.
Any questions regarding the UNT Food Pantry should be directed to the address email@example.com.