What happens if I am late or don’t show up?
- Yes. In order for your event to be approved and hosted on UNT’s campus, the organization must attend the meeting.;
When/Where does the Event Safety Committee meet?
- The Event Safety Committee is a part of University Policy. Failure to show up on time or to the meeting can result in your event being canceled and not being able to occur on campus. If you are unable to attend, you may send a member of your organization that is knowledgeable of the event.
- The Event Safety Committee meets every Monday from 1:30-3:00 pm in the Union. After you are called about a meeting, you will receive a confirmation email with the exact time and location you are to attend.;
- What will occur during the Event Safety Committee meeting?
- The committee will determine stipulations with which the organization will need to comply in order to hold the event. They will follow the Student Event Safety Planner that is emailed to all student organizations in their ESC Meeting confirmation email. As a result of stipulations, additional costs (i.e., security, insurance, etc.) may be incurred.
- I attended my Event Safety Committee meeting. Now what?
- After you have attended the Event Safety Committee meeting and the Event Safety Planner has been signed by all constituents, it will be scanned and sent to you for your review. Please review this carefully. Once all the approvals on OrgSync have been given and everything discussed at the Event Safety Committee meeting has been completed, Event Safety will approve your event on OrgSync.;
If the Event Safety Committee says that they will be providing you with wristbands for your event, it is your responsibility to reach out to the chair before the event to attain the wristbands. Please note that an ESC representative may attend the event to ensure all stipulations are being followed to the best of the organization's ability. Attendance at an event depends on the nature of the event occurring, as well as past event history of the organization.
- I want to plan an event for next semester. Can I meet with the Event Safety Committee now?
- Absolutely! The Event Safety Committee Chair and Graduate Assistant hold weekly office hours for you to come in and start talking about your event early. If it is large scale, the Event Safety Committee can meet with your organization about your event a semester prior to the date you would like to hold your event.
DiJai Dowling, Coordinator of Student Organizations/Event Safety Committee Chair
Alejandra Lozano, Graduate Assistant of Student Organizations/Event Safety Committee Co-Chair
Event Safety Office Hours:
Mondays from 10 am- 12 pm, Union, Suite 345
Fridays from 10 am- 12 pm, Union, Suite 345
*Also by appointment