From February 3rd to March 30th, the UNT We Mean Green Fund, Facilities, and the North Texas Eco-Reps will be leading UNT in RecycleMania, a competition among universities in the US and Canada to measure and compare campus waste reduction over an eight-week period. We're on a mission to divert the most recyclables from the landfill!
During the contest, we encourage EVERYONE—students, staff, and faculty—to pitch in! Plus, you’ll have the chance to receive some awesome eco-friendly goodies if you engage with @UNTEcoReps on social media each week!
UNT is competing in the Per Capita Classic RecycleMania challenge which means we are measuring the weights of paper, cardboard, bottles, and cans recycled on a per person basis each week from February 3rd to March 30th, 2019.
Ways You Can Help
- Please choose the recycling bin when disposing of paper, cardboard, bottles, and cans on campus. Items with any food or drink residue should not be recycled as they will contaminate other recyclables in the same bin.
- Set a reminder to empty your personal recycling bin into the communal recycling receptacles prior to the end of each week so your recycled items can be included in UNT's weekly stats.
- Follow @UNTEcoReps on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook to participate in weekly social media competitions for a chance to receive some awesome eco-friendly goodies!
- Tell a UNT friend about the competition to spread the word.
- Check in here to see how UNT ranks against other universities in the RecycleMania competition.
The coordinators of the recycling competition at UNT are Facilities, the We Mean Green Fund, and the North Texas Eco-Reps, a student organization.
We challenge you to become a “RecycleManiac” during this competition to prove We Mean Green at UNT!
For questions about RecycleMania at UNT, please contact WeMeanGreenFund@unt.edu.