DSA Staff Members Graduate from the Supervisory Building Blocks Certificate Program
- Sandra Bray, Career Center
- Karen Dean, UNT TRIO
- Amy Ferman, Career Center
- Amanda Fitch, Residence Hall Operations
- Rose Fleeks, Student Health and Wellness
- Christopher Ives, Dining Services
- Rachel Jackson, Residence Hall Operations
- Eva Lozano, UNT TRIO
- Rodney Mitchell, Dean of Students (Awarded Posthumously)
- Quortina Phipps, High School Career Connect
- Sergio Renovato Union Administration
- Isaiah Ross, Student Affairs
- Laura Stapleton, Student Health and Wellness
- Georgianna Stone, Counseling and Testing
- Gina Vanacore, Housing Administration
“I applaud your patience and diligence in completing the program,” said UNT President Neal Smatresk upon addressing the graduates. “Connect what you have learned to the UNT mission, always remember our top value of caring and never stop learning and working together.”
The SBB program is designed to strengthen and develop the skills of new and existing supervisors. Sessions address multiple aspects of supervision and provide attendees with an opportunity to learn collaboratively with supervisors from across the campus.
Since the program’s creation in 2015, there have been 250 graduates across the UNT System. There are currently 288 UNT System employees enrolled in the program.
Supervisory Building Blocks sessions are currently in rotation at UNT, UNT Dallas and UNT Health Science Center. System supervisors may sign-up and attend sessions at a location most convenient for them. Team members who complete a total of 30 hours of training, including all foundation sessions and six hours of elective sessions, will earn a certificate of achievement.
For more information on the SBB Program or to enroll, click here.