UNT Division of Student Affairs Creates DSA Diversity Council
This fall, Vice President for Student Affairs Elizabeth With created the DSA Diversity Council, which is charged with reviewing and advocating for critical diversity issues and developing division-wide resources related to diversity and inclusion. Membership on the DSA Diversity Council was very intentional in order to make sure all levels and areas of the division, as well as diverse perspectives, were represented.
List of Members:
- Melissa McGuire – Engagement
- Teresa McKinney – Health and Wellness
- Tomas Sanchez – Housing
- Jason Biggs – Greek Life
- Russell Bouyer – Housing
- Betsy Chea – Career Center
- Detra Craig – TRIO
- Ryan Davis – Vice President for Student Affairs Office
- Sara Ousby – Assessment
- Patricia Rodriguez – Center for Leadership and Service
- Enedelia Sauceda – Counseling and Testing
- Sergio Renovato – Union/Discovery Park
- Roxy Verrelli – Frisco Campus
- Keisha Ware – Student Legal Services
Currently, the DSA Diversity Council is working to develop year one goals, followed by goals for years two through five. As the council works through these goals and puts plans into action, there are several on-campus resources that are available:
In order to keep the division updated on the work of the DSA Diversity Council, a brief summary of its meetings will be included in the DSA newsletter, In the Know, the Friday following every meeting, as well as posted on the Staff Resources page, which be restructured and redesigned in early spring.
If you have questions about the DSA Diversity Council’s work—or any ideas—please reach out to one of the committee members.