When funds are available, OCSS offers book stipends to qualifying non-traditional students throughout the academic year (including summer).
Off-Campus Student Services (OCSS) provides book stipends for deserving non-traditional undergraduate and graduate students. Awards are valued at up to $300 each and will be paid directly to the UNT Barnes and Noble Bookstore on the selected students' behalf and may only be used for Fall 2021 book rentals and class-related supplies. OCSS will review all applications and determine the winners based on academic merit, financial need, determination of eligibility, and essay. The winners will be notified via email prior to the semester for which the award is designated. Students MUST utilize the textbook rental option to utilize this award, which requires a personal credit card to be filed with the UNT Barnes and Noble Bookstore. The only exception to renting books is for 100% online students, who will need to purchase books via phone.
- Be enrolled in the Fall 2021 semesters at UNT Denton (includes Frisco Campus)
- Must be in Good Standing with the University
- Must have a filed FAFSA and demonstrate financial need (based on FAFSA Expected Family Contribution or EFC)
- Be a graduate student or identify with one or more characteristics of a non-traditional undergraduate student (see non-traditional student criteria here: https://studentaffairs.unt.edu/off-campus-student-services/non-traditional-students)
- Maintain minimum cumulative UNT GPA (all hours taken at UNT): 2.7 if an undergraduate and 3.35 if a graduate student
- Successful completion of the essay prompt
- Must utilize Textbook Rental Program (Unless 100% Online student)
- A student is only allowed to receive this book award twice during their academic career at UNT Denton
OCSS will review all applicants and determine the winners based on:
- Academic merit
- Financial need
- Determination of eligibility
- Content and relevancy of essay Application
Deadline: July 11, 2021 at 11:59 pm
Notification efforts will be made to notify awardees via email no later than two weeks after the deadline, and awardees must accept the award within 7 days of being notified.