Each semester, Off-Campus Student Services (OCSS) provides textbook awards for deserving non-traditional undergraduate students and graduate students. Awards are valued at up to $300 and are paid directly to the UNT Barnes and Noble Bookstore on the selected students' behalf and may only be used for textbook rentals and class-related supplies. The award amount and number of awards issued are subject to change based on funding availability.
- Be enrolled for the award semester at UNT Denton (includes Frisco Campus)
- Be in Good Standing with the University
- Have a filed FAFSA and demonstrate financial need (based on FAFSA Expected Family Contribution or EFC)
- Be a graduate student or identify with two or more characteristics of a non-traditional undergraduate student
- Maintain minimum cumulative UNT GPA (all hours taken at UNT): 2.7 if an undergraduate and 3.35 if a graduate student. UNT graduates who go directly into their graduate studies will not be eligible during their first semester as a graduate student since they will not have a UNT GPA
- May not have won this textbook award twice already
- Must utilize Textbook Rental Program*
*Awardees must utilize the textbook rental option, which requires a personal credit card to be filed with the UNT Barnes and Noble Bookstore to cover overages or damaged or lost items. The only exception to renting textbooks is if a particular textbook is only available for purchase or if the student takes 100% online classes and does not live in the Denton area.
OCSS will review all applications and determine the winners based on:
- Financial need
- Academic merit
- Content and relevancy of essay
- University Standing
Every effort will be made to notify awardees via email no later than three weeks after the deadline, and awardees must respond to accept the award within the given deadline.