Raupe Travel Grant
The Raupe Travel Grant is a scholarship offered to University of North Texas undergraduate students who are attending a conference that will not only benefit the university but themselves as well, enriching the student with the knowledge and a learning experience that they can’t get in a classroom setting.
A student can receive up to $750 per semester towards one (1) conference. While there is no limit to the number of students attending the same conference, the fiscal limit for any one conference is $3,000. If multiple members of a registered student organization desire to attend the same conference, they may submit one (1) application for all members. Student organizations can apply for up to $3,000, but any amount exceeding this limit will need to gain approval of the UNT SGA President The Raupe Travel Grant is offered on a first come, first served basis. Students are encouraged to apply early in the semester, as soon as they are aware of an upcoming conference.
Unlike previous years, these funds will be distributed after the conference once receipts are uploaded to OrgSync.* These receipts must be uploaded within 14 days of the last day of the conference; otherwise, you may forfeit your reimbursement.
As of this year, the Raupe Travel Grant is only available to undergraduate students. Additional funds have been set aside for graduate students through the Toulouse Graduate School. If you are a graduate student interested in conference funds, please contact the Graduate Student Council via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please note that students who are not able to front the funds to pay for their conference may apply for a short-term loan through the Student Money Management Center. Information about this opportunity will be provided in the SGA Resource Meeting.
How to Apply
In order to receive any funding, ALL of the following steps must be completed by an individual student:
- Attend an SGA Resource Meeting (dates/times/locations can be found below).
- Complete the online application (via CampusLabs). The online application must be submitted at least one month in advance and no more than three (3) months in advance of the conference.
- Present to the SGA Raupe committee at the scheduled time set by the Director of Student Allocations over the Raupe Grant.
- Upload itemized receipts within 14 days of the last day of the conference; otherwise, you may forfeit your reimbursement.
Attending a resource meeting after you have applied will result in a denied application.
The Spring 2019 Eagle's Nest Application closes on April 6th at 5 pm.
Review the B. Craig Raupe Memorial Travel Grant Policy and Funding Guidelines for requirements and restrictions on funding, applying, and the guidelines for your presentations. Additionally, you can check out our Raupe bylaws for more detailed information.
If you have any questions please contact SGA:
- SGA Phone: (940) 565-3850
- SGA Email: email@example.com
- SGA Office: Union, Suite 344
- January 18th, 2018 - 2PM - Union 401
- January 31st, 2018 - 2PM - Union 385B
- February 6th, 2019 - 10AM - Union 385B
- February 18th, 2019 - 10AM - Union 385B
- March 7th, 2019 - 2PM - Union 385B
- March 20th, 2019 - 10AM - Union 344
- April 1st, 2019 - 10AM - Union 385B
*These Resource Meetings are held in conjunction with the Director of Student Allocations over the Eagle's Nest.
Apply for Raupe Travel Grant Today!