Fall 2020 Meeting & Event Guidelines
In response to COVID-19 and in accordance with Open Texas, CDC, and UNT guidelines, the department of University Centers and Events has implemented changes to our meeting and event reservations to provide a safe environment for all.
In all of our facilities, we have:
- Increased cleaning and sanitation measures throughout the building
- Provided signage to advise guests of appropriate physical distancing
- Added additional time between meetings and events to properly sanitize all touchpoints
- Spaced out seating in meeting and event rooms to provide 6 feet (1.83 m) physical distancing
- Limited seating in dining areas to guidelines equal to or less than restaurants
- Spread out our lounge furniture to influence physical distancing
- Added Plexiglas barriers at customer service stations
- Have hand-sanitizing stations throughout the building
- Food services will no longer be self-serve
- Require all guests and staff to wear masks
- Encourage everyone to take advantage of hand sanitizing stations and wash hands frequently, for a minimum of 20 seconds
- Ask anyone who is feeling sick to please stay home
- Encourage individuals not to gather in large groups (no more than 10 people)
CDC Guideline Sources
For more information regarding guidelines please see the links from the CDC:
Providing appropriate physical distancing has reduced our room capacities by approximately 75% or a ratio of 1:4. For example a room that previously held 100 people, may now only seat 25. We have also implemented an Expectations Agreement for clients that promotes wearing masks, not moving furniture, and encouraging physical distancing. It will be the client’s responsibility to implement these guidelines during their meeting or event.
Online meetings as well as hybrid meetings (partially in person and on-line) continue to be encouraged.