Summer Bridge Program
A transitional summer program for incoming students who have experienced foster care that will equip them with skills and resources for their upcoming college career. This year our program will last from June 23rd-July 28th.
Applications for the PUSH Summer Bridge 2023 program are now open. The application is due April 28th at 11:59 pm. Please complete all the questions until you reach a page saying “We thank you for your time spent taking this survey. Your response has been recorded.”
- Offer a point of contact for students who have experienced foster care
- Connect students with supportive community & campus services for the duration of their academic career
- Ensure students learn study habits through weekly mandatory study halls
- Attend social & service-oriented programs to aid in building student community
- Assign a faculty or staff mentor to help students navigate goals and career aspirations. This mentor will ideally be with them throughout their time at UNT.
- Provide a University 101 course that offers resources & skills on career development, goal setting, budgeting, personal habits, & time management
- Access to peer mentors who are liaisons between programming expectations & student needs
- Free summer room and board for 5 weeks
- Activate DFPS tuition and fee waiver
- Receive dedicated support
- Early start to UNT
- Assistance with textbooks
This program is sponsored by Santander, the UNT Division of Student Affairs, and the College of Health and Public Service Department of Social Work.