Co-Curricular Experience Outcomes (CEO) Prep
2020 Division of Student Affairs, "Outstanding Collaboration Award," Award Winner!
What is CEO Prep?
As student-leaders gain skills that make them more employable upon graduation; they sometimes struggle with knowing how to best articulate those skills to potential employers. CEO (Co-Curricular Experience Outcomes) Prep is a program derived from Project CEO for student org officers with a goal of enhancing employable skills and, just as importantly, helping them articulate these skills to potential employers.
How do I apply?
This conference is available to current, eligible, student organization officers. Interested students must complete the CEO Prep application in OrgSync. The deadline to apply is Friday, February 16th at 11:59 pm. Space is LIMITED so don't wait! Priority selection will go to upperclassmen.
CEO Prep sessions: 2024 Itinerary Coming Soon!
CEO Prep focuses on a multitude of skills consistently selected by employers as most important in hiring new college graduates. What makes CEO Prep different from other leadership seminars is the focus on your hard work as a leader of a student organization.
- Team Work: Building collaborative relationships with people representing diverse cultures, races, ages, genders, religions, lifestyles, and viewpoints. Being able to work within a team structure, and can negotiate and manage conflict.
- Communication: Articulate thoughts and ideas clearly and effectively in written and oral forms to persons inside and outside of the organization. The individual has public speaking skills; is able to express ideas to others; and can write/edit memos, letters, and complex technical reports clearly and effectively.
- Critical Thinking/Problem Solving: Exercise sound reasoning to analyze issues, make decisions, and overcome problems. The individual is able to obtain, interpret, and use knowledge, facts, and data in this process, and may demonstrate originality and inventiveness.
- Transferable Skills: Applying your knowledge as the leader of a student organization to the real world.
- Etiquette Lunch: Facilitated by The Southern Etiquette Society, this lunch serves as a one-stop-shop for students to learn professional etiquette and presence during business meetings and meals.
What are the benefits?
Besides the invaluable experiences already discussed, each student will leave the program with a stronger résumé (via a personalized coaching session with the Career Center) and will receive a framed certificate of completion and highlight on social media. In addition, CEO Prep participants graduating in Spring or Fall 2023 will be entered into a drawing to win a $50 stipend to be used towards UNT graduation regalia.
CEO Prep Reviews
My favorite thing about CEO Prep was learning how to professionally work with others and meeting other leaders from the organizations around campus! -- Juliette. ADPi. CEO Prep 2020 Cohort.
In Partnership with: