This section is solely for International Students of the University of North Texas. If you have questions or concerns about your insurance, please contact the Insurance Department at 940-369-5446.
2019-2020 Student Insurance Policy Information for International Students
Students participating in the Intensive English Language Institute (IELI) can find information specific to them on the IELI insurance handout.
The University's Responsibilities
UNT must enforce the requirement that you have adequate health insurance coverage continuously during your UNT residence. UNT residence is defined as that continuous period from initial orientation and enrollment or employment, including holidays, through graduation or final separation from the university.
- You are required by the University to provide proof of adequate health insurance coverage each time you register for classes.
- You may waive out of the University endorsed student insurance policy in only three instances:
- An international student has employment insurance through a U.S. employer group policy.
- An international student has coverage through the employment of a parent or relative through a U.S. employer group policy.
- An international student has a government sponsorship. *These waivers are processed in the Sponsored Student Office, Marquis Hall, room 106.
Students must also provide Medical Evacuation and Repatriation Coverage, available as a separate policy through the University-endorsed insurance carrier, United Healthcare Student Resources.