Changes to UNT Student Health and Wellness Center Appointments During the COVID-19 Situation
Update: Starting May 1, the Student Health and Wellness Center will be opening up for normal clinic operations. Telemedicine visits will still be available, but patients will also be able to have gynecological procedures, lab specials, walk-in STD testing, and other regular services.
Now offering telemedicine visits to comply with social distancing.
Hours of Operation
Student Health and Wellness Center Clinic
Monday-Thursday: 8 am to 5 pm
Friday: 9 am to 5 pm
Monday-Friday: 8 am to 12:30 pm, 1:30 pm to 5 pm
Services Closed Until Further Notice
- Meadows Center for Health Resources - Call (940) 565-2787 or email MeadowsCenter@unt.edu for remote help and assistance. We will not see massage therapy or Mean Green Screen appointments until we reopen.
Health Care Appointments
Effective May 1, we are seeing all appointments reasons including injuries, illness, gynecological procedures, lab specials, chronic condition follow ups and other medical issues.
*Telemedicine will be used for appointments without lab testing and at providers' discretion. A provider may determine that a telemedicine appointment is not appropriate for the patient's situation and request the patient instead come to the clinic.
See below for information about mental health appointments. Please call (940) 565-2333 for guidance and information for other conditions or issues not listed above.
Please call (940) 565-2333 or use our online patient portal at myosh.unt.edu to schedule an appointment. Patients will be screened for COVID-19 exposure over the phone or before entering the clinic by our medical staff.
Patients are encouraged to call (940) 565-2333 for medication refills for birth control and chronic conditions. Providers will ensure patients have an adequate supply of medications. ADD/ADHD patients are encouraged to call and leave a message for Dr. Shelton or his nurse, Deanne, for ADD/ADHD medication refills.
Mental Health Appointments
To ensure the protection of our patients and clinicians:
- Staff will be communicating with currently scheduled follow-up appointments to check on patient well-being, provide refills if necessary, and determine if a provider needs to see a patient for an appointment.
- Staff will be communicating with currently scheduled new patient appointments to determine if a patient wants to be seen in the clinic or referred to an outside provider.
- Staff will schedule new appointments on a case-by-case basis.
- Staff will be available for crisis, refills, and case management services.
For additional information, patients can contact the Psychiatric Nurse at (940) 369-7612.
- Condom Club Kits are available at the Condom Club vending machine, on the second floor of the University Union outside of Starbucks.
- College Optical Express is open Wednesdays and Thursdays 9 am to 4 pm for services. Patients must call (940) 369-7441 to schedule an appointment to receive services.
- UNT Dental Office is currently open for dental services on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 8 am to 4 pm. Office staff are available to schedule appointments, answer billing questions and provide other assistance Monday throug Friday 8 am to 4 pm.