SPECIAL NOTE: THE SEWELL LOAN PROGRAM IS NOT OFFERED DURING THE SUMMER
The Jane Sewell Endowment in Accounting was established to provide loan and scholarship support for junior or senior year students at the University who are majoring in Accounting or who are pursuing a graduate degree in Accounting at the University.
Loan amounts are short-term needs based loans that enable students to pay tuition and course materials at the beginning of registration during fall and spring registration periods amounts not exceeding $1,000. A one-time $45 origination fee is applied to the loan. Repayment of a loan and fee is the responsibility of the student and is required by the student to repay as defined by the terms stated in the promissory note.
Accounts will be considered late one (1) day past the repayment date stated in the signed promissory note and assessed $25. An account will be considered default and assessed an additional $25 penalty fee thirty-one (31) days past the repayment date stated in the signed promissory note.
- Must be a UNT Denton campus declared accounting major student
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be enrolled in the current semester
- Must not have any financial obligations to the university
- Must show the ability to repay the loan and fee
- Student account must be clear of all negative service indicators
- Must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative UNT GPA
- Student must be enrolled at time of application
- Summer – Program Closed
Terms and Conditions
- $1,000 is the maximum level of support for fall and spring semesters (no summer loans)
- A one-time $45 origination fee is applied to the loan
- 5 to 7 business days are required to process a loan application
- Loan can be used for tuition and course materials only
- A signed promissory note is required to be on file before disbursement of loan occurs
- Accounts in late status (one day past the due date) will be assessed an additional $25 penalty fee
- Should a loan become late the applicant is ineligible to apply for any of the SMMC loan programs for twelve months
- Accounts in default status (thirty-one days past the due date) will be sent to a collections agency and assessed an additional $25 penalty fee; the student’s credit will be negatively impacted by these actions
- Transcript and registration blocks will be applied to late and default accounts
- Student may apply for one (1) loan per semester