Did your organization have elections within the past few months? Be sure to let us know via the Spring 2021 Update Form on OrgSync! Filling out this form will allow us to remove those who have left and add the new to our mailing list as well as make sure new officers have access to register the organization when Fall 2021 registration opens.
Here's a tutorial on how to edit your roster after submitting the Update Form- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mIFeRYf5lI.
Student organizations must register with Student Activities each long semester (fall and spring) in order to receive the privileges of being registered.
If your organization has registered in the last two semesters (Fall 2020 or Spring 2021), click "Current Organization Registration" below for information about this semester's dates and the process to get registered.
If your organization is new or was dissolved (went two consecutive long semesters without registering), click "New Organization Registration" below for information about this semester's dates and the process to get approved and registered.
Privileges of Registration
Registration with Student Activities has its privileges, as indicated in UNT Policy 07.019. Only currently registered student organizations are entitled to the following:
- Opportunity to hold meetings and other activities in university facilities at no cost or a reduced rate established by the facility.
- Eligibility to apply for Eagle's Nest and Raupe Travel Grant funding from the Student Government Association for qualifying uses and to receive funds and access to resources provided by University departments.
- Opportunity to apply for storage space in the University Union.
- Opportunity to participate, as a student organization, in University-sponsored events (e.g., Homecoming, Mean Green Fling, New Student Orientation).
- Opportunity to use the name of the University as part of its student organization name and use the University trademarks, logos, and other UNT works in conjunction with projects benefiting the university, with express permission and approval as provided for in UNT policy.
- Recognition in the OrgSync online student organization database.
- Opportunity to co-program with University departments.
- A limited quantity of free copies from Student Activities.
- Opportunity to use campus advertising mediums on a space-available basis to advertise organizational activities and membership, subject to University policy.
- Opportunity to set up free or low-cost banking on-campus.
- Opportunity to establish dues and sponsor fundraising projects.
- Ability to invite guest speakers to campus.
- Opportunity to grant awards and honors to members.
Organizations that partake in the privileges above without being registered with Student Activities are in violation of University Policy and are subject, as individuals and organizations, to being held responsible according to the Code of Student Conduct.
Denial of Request for Registration
Student Activities may deny a request to register a student organization:
- if it fails to comply with UNT Policy 07.012, Code of Student Conduct, and other applicable UNT policies;
- if it creates a substantial disruption on campus;
- to prevent organizational activity that is itself illegal under state or federal law;
- if it is a duplicate of the mission or purpose of an existing registered student organization; or
- if it is set up such that any individual benefits monetarily from its existence.
Registration Tutorial Videos
- Re-Registering Your Organization (updated 7/26/19)
- Registration Steps (Profile) Walkthrough (updated 8/7/2020)