Student Organization Prep for Fall 2020 Registration
Fall student org re-registration will open July 31st. Student Organization Orientation dates and times will be updated on our website closer to this date.
If you are no longer the President/Chief Officer, your organization should submit an Update Form and make changes to the individuals on the organization checking account (if your org has one with Wells Fargo) by filling out the linked OrgSync forms. These updates will help ensure the correct officers are being contacted for upcoming events including Fall Student Org Registration, orientation tabling, and Mean Green Fling.
Privileges of Registration
Registration with Student Activities has its privileges, as indicated in UNT Policy 07.019. Only registered student organizations are entitled to the following:
- Opportunity to hold meetings and other activities in university facilities at no cost or a reduced rate established by the facility.
- Eligibility to apply for Eagle's Nest and Raupe Travel Grant funding from the Student Government Association for qualifying uses and to receive funds and access to resources provided by University departments.
- Opportunity to apply for storage space in the University Union.
- Opportunity to participate, as a student organization, in University-sponsored events (e.g., Homecoming, Mean Green Fling, Orientation).
- Opportunity to use the name of the University as part of its student organization name and use the University trademarks, logos, and other UNT works in conjunction with projects benefiting the university, with express permission and approval as provided for in UNT policy.
- Recognition in the online student organization database.
- Opportunity to co-program with University departments.
- A limited quantity of free copies from Student Activities.
- Opportunity to use campus advertising mediums on a space-available basis to advertise organizational activities and membership, subject to University policy.
- Opportunity to set up free or low-cost banking on-campus.
- Opportunity to establish dues and sponsor fundraising projects.
- Ability to invite guest speakers to campus.
- Opportunity to grant awards and honors to members.
Organizations that partake in the privileges above without being registered with Student Activities may violate University Policy and are subject, as individuals and organizations, to being held responsible according to the Code of Student Conduct.