Are you interested in forming a new organization on campus? That's great! We are excited to hear more about your organization. Student Activities has around 450 organizations and looking forward to adding more!
For newly forming organizations seeking initial approval, as well as dissolved organizations. Dissolved organizations (those that fail to register for two consecutive long semesters) will be treated as if they are newly forming and should follow the process below.
Are you interested in starting a new organization at UNT? You will need:
- At least 8 currently enrolled UNT student members
- At least 2 officers (which may be part of the 8 members)
- A mission/purpose statement of the organization that doesn't align with any previously registered organizations
- A constitution/bylaws (see the sample template which highlights mandatory clauses org constitutions must include verbatim)
- A full-time UNT faculty or staff member to serve as the organization’s advisor
- Follow the steps listed below
Interested in re-registering an org that previously existed?
- In addition to fulfilling the requirements above, message Student.Activities@unt.edu so you can gain access to the org's original profile.
For Spring 2021, Student Activities will accept applications for new organizations from January 25th until April 4th.
After April 4th, applicants will have to wait until the Fall 2021 new organization application period.
NEW FOR SPRING 2021: For those interested in starting a new org, we have optional Information Sessions. These sessions will explain the new org registration process, basics of organizations (officer roles, constitutions, etc.), and to answer questions. This is not the same as Student Organization Orientation, which is mandatory for ALL orgs to register. RSVP to receive further notifications and Zoom access. This is not the same as Student Organization Orientation, which is mandatory.
RSVP on OrgSync to receive further notifications and Zoom access.
- Friday, January 29th from 1 - 2 pm
- Thursday, February 11th from 3 - 4 pm
- Thursday, March 11th from 12 - 1 pm
Have what you need to form a new organization?
Approval and registration for new organizations consist of three pieces. The first two pieces may be completed in any order. It is preferred that these steps are completed in advance of the deadline due to the new org process taking anywhere between 2-4 weeks.
- Once applications open for the semester, submit the new organization's profile application in OrgSync. To do this:
- On the community homepage in OrgSync, select "Organizations," which will bring you into the directory of organizations that are registered at UNT. Next, click the "Register an Organization" button and select the blue "Register a New Organization" button.
- Follow the instructions for each step of the profile, including adding member, officer, and advisor information and the constitution/bylaws.
- Have an officer attend a Student Organization Orientation.
- Meet with the Coordinator of Student Organizations or Graduate Assistant. You will receive an invitation via email after your profile application is submitted.
After you complete the above pieces, your organization will be reviewed and determined if it will gain approval and registration for the current semester. For information about the reasons that a new organization might not be approved, see the Student Organization Policy.