Starting a New Student Organization
For newly forming organizations seeking initial approval, as well as dissolved organizations. Dissolved organizations (those that fail to register for two consecutive long semesters) will be treated as if they are newly forming and should follow the process below.
Are you interested in starting a new organization at UNT? All you will need is:
- At least 8 currently enrolled, UNT student members
- At least 2 officers
- A mission/purpose statement of the organization
- A constitution/bylaws (see sample below)
- A full-time UNT faculty or staff member to serve as the organization’s advisor
For Fall 2020, Student Activities will accept applications for new organizations starting in September. Please check back closer to the fall as we will have the finalized dates.
If you are interested in starting a new organization, you will log in to OrgSync and complete the following steps.
- On the community homepage in OrgSync, select "Organizations." This will bring you into the directory of organizations that are registered at UNT.
- Next, click the "Register an Organization" button. You'll then select the blue "Register a New Organization" button. This will require you to fill out basic organization information, as well as information about your officers and advisor(s).
- Upload a copy of the organization's constitution/bylaws and add at least 8 currently enrolled, UNT student members (2 of which are officers) and your full-time UNT faculty/staff advisor to the roster.
- See Sample Constitution/Bylaws for guidance.
- Sign up to attend a Student Organization Orientation (see above).
- Meet with the Coordinator of Student Organizations or Graduate Assistant.
After you complete the above steps, your organization will be reviewed and determined if it will gain approval and registration.