The We Mean Green Fund Committee recommends the allocation of funds from the student Environmental Service Fee to support environmental sustainability projects at UNT (Denton).
UNT students, faculty, and staff may apply for membership to the We Mean Green Fund Committee when unfilled seats are available.
We Mean Green Fund Committee Application
We are taking student applications now through Sunday, September 22, 2019, 11:59 PM. Faculty and staff seats are not currently available.
Maximum Membership: The membership of this student-majority committee shall be limited to no more than thirteen voting members. Committee membership will consist of a combination of no more than ten students, and no more than three faculty and/or staff members.
- Eight of the ten student voting committee member seats shall be filled via competitive application.
- The Student Government Association shall appoint one undergraduate student.
- The Graduate Student Council shall appoint one graduate student.
- The Faculty Senate shall appoint one faculty member.
- The Staff Senate shall appoint one staff member.
- Facilities shall appoint one staff member to serve as a non voting ex-officio member.
- The WMGF Project Coordinator shall serve as a non-voting ex-officio advisor.
Membership Terms: Each member of the WMGF Committee will be appointed for two academic years. Faculty, staff, and student members may serve successive terms, provided they reapply and are approved.
Committee Member Qualifications:
- All student members of the WMGF Committee must be registered as full-time or part-time UNT students during their term/s of office and hold a 2.5 GPA or higher when applying for service.
- Staff and faculty members of the committee must currently be employed by UNT.
- All members must be in good conduct standing with the university to serve on the WMGF Committee. If a member is not in good standing, that member will be immediately ineligible to serve on the WMGF Committee.
Officers: The officers of the Committee are the Chair (WMGFChair@unt.edu), Vice-Chair (WMGFViceChair@unt.edu), and Secretary (WMGFSecretary@unt.edu).
Committee Member Responsibilities
Committee Member Benefits
- Promote awareness of the WMGF across campus
- Recruit WMGF project proposal submissions from students, faculty, and staff
- Make funding decisions on behalf of the UNT student body and community
- Communicate with campus project teams on project progress
- Participate in all committee meetings
- Support WMGF events and activities
- Assist with additional operational duties
- Gain insight and experience at the university level
- Learn project evaluation and selection processes
- Develop leadership abilities
- Enhance communication tactics
- Build organizational awareness
- Strengthen budgeting skills
- Heighten project management experience
- Network on and off-campus
If you would like to be contacted when the application becomes available again in the future, please join our mailing list.
A committee comprised of UNT staff, faculty, and/or students will review applications based on a rubric and vacancies will be filled by the candidates with the highest average scores.