The staff of the Coliseum will provide the highest quality customer service and maximum value in all that they do.
It has been called one of the finest basketball facilities in college athletics. The University of North Texas Coliseum, or "The Super Pit," is home to the North Texas Men's and Women's basketball teams. Built in 1973, the Coliseum is designed for multipurpose use and has excellent viewing sight lines from any seat in the arena.
The arena, designed for functional flexibility, features aesthetic and technical excellence for both patrons and performers. The physical configuration evolved by combining the requirements of two diverse seating layouts; one for theatrical stage seating, and the other for coliseum-in-the-round seating.
A third major configuration may be constructed by locating a stage at one end of the arena floor. All of these major seating situations have been satisfied. The acoustics, lighting, speaker systems and various riggings are all suitable for the three configurations.
The Coliseum has 9,797 upholstered permanent theater type seats plus forty-eight positions for wheelchairs. With additional meeting space located on the lower level, the Coliseum is large enough to accommodate a wide range of activities. Besides basketball games, commencements and concerts, there have also been luncheons, workshops, dances, camps and competitions. Versatility is a key word in describing the Coliseum.
The east entrances to the Coliseum, located on Avenue D, are ground-level and allow easy access to the venue for our guests with special needs. In addition, there are limited handicapped parking spaces as well as a special needs drop-off area on this side of the Coliseum.
The concourse level consists of 43,685 square feet of versatile space as well as:
- 8 Entrances containing a total of 80 doors to allow for ease of movement and accessibility
- 2 Men's Restrooms and 2 Women's Restrooms
- 3 Concession Stands
Due to the unique design of the building and the absence of structural pillars in the arena, every seat in the house has an unobstructed view of the arena floor. Floor space and seating can vary depending on event configurations.
- 10,300 square feet of expansive space
- Theatrical lighting and curtains are available depending on configuration
- 9,797 permanent theater-style seats
- 48 wheelchair positions
- Two 400-amp disconnects are located on the north side, as well as an additional 200-amp disconnect located on the west side
- The Press Section offers 39 stations equipped with power outlets at each station
- A center-hung speaker cluster provides audio for any configuration
- Easy access to the arena floor via the North Tunnel, located on Highland Street
- Mitsubishi battery powered 5,000-pound capacity forklift available
Seating Map (pdf)
- 1,300 square feet of accomodating space used to host small meetings or hospitality rooms
- Features a wet bar area
794 square feet of adaptable space used to host small meetings, television and radio interviews, and hospitality rooms
6,000 square feet of flexible space with 23 foot ceiling clearance, used to host a variety of events
Arena Rental Rates
|Half Day||Full Day|
|University Sponsored/Student Organizations||$1,450||$2,900|
- Labor and equipment costs are additional
- Rental rates are based on an 8-hour day
- Arena rental rates do not include use of auxiliary rooms
- Parking is available on the west side of the Coliseum off North Texas Boulevard.
- Handicapped parking spaces are available along Avenue D on the east side of the Coliseum.
- Commencement Parking Map
- Go north on I-35 East to Denton. Exit number 466B toward North Texas Boulevard. Turn right onto North Texas Boulevard. Once past Eagle Drive, the Coliseum will be on the right.
From Fort Worth:
- Go north on I-35 West to Denton. Follow I-35/Dallas signs. Exit number 466B toward North Texas Boulevard. Turn left onto North Texas Boulevard. Once past Eagle Drive, the Coliseum will be on the right.
From DFW Airport:
- Take airport tollway north to TX-121. Exit east on TX-121 and continue to Lewisville to I-35 East. Turn left from TX-121 to I-35E going north. Continue on I-35E into Denton and exit number 466B toward North Texas Boulevard. Turn right onto North Texas Boulevard. Once past Eagle Drive, the Coliseum will be on the right.
- Go south on I-35 East to Denton. Exit number 466B toward North Texas Boulevard, and then turn left onto North Texas Boulevard. Once past Eagle Drive, the Coliseum is on the right.