Some videos may not be available at this time. Please check back later. Eddie Melendez gives an overview of what services Student Legal provides to students. A UNT student...
Attorney Keisha Ware
1155 Union Circle #305058
Denton, TX 76203-5017
Phone: (940) 565-2614
Fax: (940) 369-7251
TTY: (940) 369-8652
The fastest way to meet with the attorney is to come to our Open Legal Clinic on Wednesdays. Open Legal Clinic hours are from 8:00a m-12:00 pm, and then from 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm every Wednesday. No need to schedule - just stop by!
- Open Legal Clinic hours can sometimes change with little notice. We are currently operating with only a part time attorney who is actively advising and representing clients while we await the appointment of Student Legal Service's new director and full time attorney. We recommend calling the office on the day that you plan to stop by for the clinic if you are traveling a far distance. We appreciate your patience while we adjust to staffing changes.
Upcoming Cancelations and Modifications:
- Legal Clinic on Wednesday, June 1st 2016 will end at 12:00 pm. No afternoon segment will be held.
- Legal Clinic on Wednesday, June 8th 2016 is canceled. The regular clinic times will resume June 15th.
If you cannot make it to the open legal clinic due to class or work, an appointment can be scheduled instead. Please note that the wait for non-open legal clinic appointments can sometimes be a week or longer. Please call the office at 940.565.2614 if you wish to schedule an appointment.
If you need immediate assistance, we suggest contacting the Lawyer Referral Information Service for the State Bar of Texas. Through this service, you can receive a 30 minute consultation for just $20.00. If you and the attorney agree to keep working after the first 30 minutes, their rates will apply. You can reach this service by calling 800.252.9690 or you can get a referral online by visiting www.texasbar.com/LRIS.
Forms to Start With
- Use the Application for Student Legal Services if you have a pending appointment. This will save you some time if you fill out our application before you arrive. Also please read over our Welcome to Our Office letter prior to completing the application.
- Have you visited our office for legal assistance? If so, please download and complete our Student Legal Services Satisfaction Survey (pdf).
Below are links to fillable self-help packets created by UNT Student Legal Services to empower you in resolving certain legal situations. Each packet has instructions and forms that can be filled out in Adobe PDF format, then printed and filed with the court or the appropriate agencies. While these forms are meant to aid you in resolving your own issue, we encourage you to make an appointment with the attorney in our office before proceeding.
This web page has been prepared for use by University of North Texas students only. These downloadable forms and explanations have been provided as a convenience for students and do not constitute legal advice. Before using these sample letters or forms, it is highly recommended that you visit Student Legal Services (The Union, Room 411) for more complete information contained in our free pamphlets. In addition, students with legal dilemmas are encouraged to schedule an appointment with our licensed Texas attorney who can provide appropriate legal advice.
What should I bring to my appointment? Will Student Legal Services help me fight a traffic ticket? Will I be charged for any legal services I receive? Will an attorney prepare Wills for my spouse and me? What...
The following links may prove helpful for basic research. These links include federal, local and state agency websites in addition to consumer-based websites. The listings that follow are provided as...