Please Note: Walk-ins on November 26th, 2014 will be cancelled. The last day for walk-ins in 2014 will be Wednesday, December 10th, 2014. They will not be held from December 17th, 2014 through January 7th, 2015. Walk-ins will resume January 14th, 2015. We...
Attorney Kathryn McCauley
1155 Union Circle #305058
Denton, TX 76203-5017
Phone: (940) 565-2614
Fax: (940) 369-7251
TTY: (940) 369-8652
Our open legal clinic is normally held every Wednesday from 8:30am until 3:30pm, excluding the noon lunch hour. There is no need to make an appointment - just drop in and you will be seen by our attorney.
Please note the following changes to our normally scheduled open legal clinic times for the months of October & November:
- Wednesday October 7th: Legal clinic will end at 11am, and resume at 1:30pm.
- Wednesday October 14th: Legal clinic will be held from 2pm-4pm only.
- Wednesday October 28th: Legal clinic will be canceled.
- Wednesday November 4th: Legal clinic will be canceled.
- Wednesday November 18th: Legal clinic will be canceled.
- Wednesday November 25th: Legal clinic will be canceled.
If you need immediate assistance, we suggest contacting the Lawyer Referral Information Service for the State Bar of Texas. Through this service, you can receive a 30 minute consultation for just $20.00. If you and the attorney agree to keep working after the first 30 minutes, their rates will apply. You can reach this service by calling 800.252.9690 or you can get a referral online by visiting www.texasbar.com/LRIS.
Forms to Start With
- Use the Application for Student Legal Services if you have a pending appointment. This will save you some time if you fill out our application before you arrive. Also please read over our Welcome to Our Office letter prior to completing the application.
- Have you visited our office for legal assistance? If so, please download and complete our Student Legal Services Satisfaction Survey (pdf).
Below are links to fillable self-help packets created by UNT Student Legal Services to empower you in resolving certain legal situations. Each packet has instructions and forms that can be filled out in Adobe PDF format, then printed and filed with the court or the appropriate agencies. While these forms are meant to aid you in resolving your own issue, we encourage you to make an appointment with the attorney in our office before proceeding.
This web page has been prepared for use by University of North Texas students only. These downloadable forms and explanations have been provided as a convenience for students and do not constitute legal advice. Before using these sample letters or forms, it is highly recommended that you visit Student Legal Services (Room 136, Stovall Hall) for more complete information contained in our free pamphlets. In addition, students with legal dilemmas are encouraged to schedule an appointment with Kathryn McCauley, a licensed Texas attorney, who can provide appropriate legal advice.
Some videos may not be available at this time. Please check back later. Eddie Melendez gives an overview of what services Student Legal provides to students. A UNT student...
What should I bring to my appointment? Will Student Legal Services help me fight a traffic ticket? Will I be charged for any legal services I receive? Will an attorney prepare Wills for my spouse and me? What...
The following links may prove helpful for basic research. These links include federal, local and state agency websites in addition to consumer-based websites. The listings that follow are provided as...