Attorney Kathryn McCauley
1155 Union Circle #305058
Denton, TX 76203-5017
Phone: (940) 565-2614
Fax: (940) 369-7251
TTY: (940) 369-8652
Location: Stovall Hall, Room 136
The fastest way to meet with the attorney is to come to Wednesday Walk-in Day. Walk-in hours are from 8:00am-12:00pm, and 1:00pm to 3:30pm every Wednesday. No need to schedule - Just walk in!
PLEASE NOTE: Walk-ins on November 26th, 2014 will be cancelled. The last day for walk-ins in 2014 will be Wednesday, December 10th, 2014. They will not be held from December 17th, 2014 through January 7th, 2015. Walk-ins will resume January 14th, 2015. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Appointments can also be scheduled for Tuesdays and Thursdays between 8:00am and 3:30pm. Please note that the wait for non-walk-in appointments can range from 1 week to 1 month. Please call the office if you wish to schedule an appointment.
Notary Services are available from 8:00am-4:30pm, excluding the noon lunch hour.
DISCLAIMER — This web page has been prepared for use by University of North Texas students only. These downloadable forms and explanations have been provided as a convenience for students and do not constitute legal advice. Before using these sample letters or forms, it is highly recommended that you visit Student Legal Services (Room 136, Stovall Hall) for more complete information contained in our free pamphlets. In addition, students with legal dilemmas are encouraged to schedule an appointment with Kathryn McCauley, a licensed Texas attorney, who can provide appropriate legal advice.
Forms to Start With
- Use the Application for Student Legal Services if you have a pending appointment. This will save you some time if you fill out our application before you arrive. Also please read over our Welcome to Our Office letter prior to completing the application.
- Have you visited our office for legal assistance? If so, please download and complete our Student Legal Services Satisfaction Survey (pdf).
- Inventory Checklist (pdf) — Documenting the exact condition of the apartment at the beginning of your lease term. This form should be completed, copied (for your records) within the amount of time specified on your lease.
- Move-out Notice (pdf) — Notify your landlord that you plan to leave at the end of your lease term. Most leases require at least a 30-day notice prior to moving out of an apartment (Please read your lease carefully!) This form should be hand-delivered or mailed by certified mail, return receipt requested. Always keep a copy!
- Return of Security Deposit (Sample Letter) (pdf) — Notify your landlord of your forwarding address. A landlord is not obligated to return a security deposit until a written notification of a forwarding address is sent by the tenant. Once the letter is sent, the landlord or property manager has thirty (30) days to return a security deposit or give a detailed billing to the tenant.