Students accept their nomination to become recognized as members of the Society. However, to achieve induction, members must attend Orientation, Leadership Training Day, 3 Speaker Broadcasts and 3 Success Networking Team meetings.
This is the first event on campus for new members. Orientation is the jumping-off point on your journey with the NSLS. It sets the tone for the events to follow and is a key step in the Foundations of Leadership Certification. The Orientation is primarily information driven – a review of chapter events, expectations and leadership opportunities. This is also a time during which we will introduce the Executive Board and future events.
2. LEADERSHIP TRAINING DAY (LTD)
Leadership Training Day is designed as an introduction to the NSLS’ fundamental philosophies about leadership, what we call our Leadership Foundations. These foundations create a solid starting point. NSLS can’t teach you everything you’ll ever need to know about leadership in a few hours; as a topic, leadership is going to engage you for years to come. What you will get out of this program are the tools to help you explore new mindsets and look closely at how your beliefs are impacting your achievement of goals.
3. SPEAKER BROADCASTS
Live streamed events with leaders, celebrities and best-selling authors are scheduled six times per year. Topics include leadership, identifying goals, facing challenges, personal growth and successfully transitioning from college to career. Students interact with the speakers via Twitter and Facebook during each broadcast.
4. SUCCESS NETWORKING TEAMS (SNT)
Students are assigned to small groups and meet bi-weekly to set goals for future success. Members hold each other accountable using a highly specialized formula proven to produce results. After each meeting, students submit a reflective journal entry online, providing advisors the opportunity to coach and mentor in a format which actively engages students.
This is the final step towards induction. Most campuses hold a formal induction ceremony which can be shared with family and friends. At this ceremony, students are presented with their Certificate of Leadership Training honoring their achievement and lifetime membership in the Society.
What are the Benefits?
The Society provides benefits to help members on their own personal success journey. These include opportunities for all members and exclusive benefits for those who achieve induction.
PRE-INDUCTION MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- Scholarships & Awards: Access to over a quarter-million dollars exclusively to Society members each year for tuition, community service and educational assistance
- Job Bank: Apply to jobs/internships and access to employers seeking to hire Society members
- Partner Discounts & Benefits: Enjoy discounts on many retail goods and services
- Speaker Broadcasts: A series of six live streamed speaker broadcasts per year by celebrities, authors, motivational speakers and professionals on relevant topics facing students and graduates
- Success Networking Team: Participate with your Society peers in goal setting, accountability and commitment to action
- Success Coaches: Improve skills, refine focus and interact with a professional success coach
- Broadcast Archive: Online access to past presentations from more than 50 nationally renowned Society speakers; Click Here to see some of our past speakers
- Professional Communication Training: A professionally administered communication assessment tool (DiSC) helps you identify your own communication style, teaches you to recognize and appreciate other styles and prepares you to interact effectively with others
- Social Events: Meet like-minded people and make friends at social events, fundraising events, service projects and other Society gatherings
- Leadership Collection: Online interview series with career experts to guide you in landing your dream job
- Motivational Mondays: Get inspired each week by a recording delivered directly to you
- Monthly Newsletter: Read the Society Newsletter highlighting scholarships, chapter and member success stories, advice from leading motivational speakers and more
- Member Shop: In addition to the items you receive upon induction, the shop provides you with a wider selection to commemorate your membership
ADDITIONAL POST-INDUCTION MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- Custom Recommendations: Receive personalized letters for graduate admissions and employers
- Graduation Honors: Proudly wear honor cords, medallion, stole and charm at your graduation as an inducted member
- Scholarships & Awards for Inducted Members: Additional scholarships available to inducted members
- Leadership Training Certification: Awarded after completion of the leadership training program
- Resume Enhancement: Society membership on your resume sets you apart as a leader to admission counselors and employers
- Inducted Member Items: Receive your leadership certificate, Society t-shirt, car decal, and Society insignia pin upon induction
- Leadership Opportunities: Avail yourself of opportunities for local, regional, or national leadership positions in the Society
- Presidential Members (3.3+ GPA): Receive a Presidential Seal on your leadership training certificate
- Nationwide Network: Join over one million members at over 680 colleges in a network of support and motivation
- Access to Advanced Leadership Certificates: Stand out as a leader in your community by completing Advanced and Executive Leadership Certifications after being inducted.
How to Join
How are you selected to join?
You will be sent an invitation letter to your mailing address from the National Society of Leadership and Success. Advisors work with the team to come out with the list of sophomores and juniors who have fulfilled some specific requirements and then the invitation is sent out. Only those people who get the invitation can join the Society.
If you are interested in joining the society then or if you need more information please go to the website the National Society of Leadership and Success or contact the chapter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some of the common questions we receive are listed below.
If you have any other questions, visit nsls.org to chat with a team member or email email@example.com.
What do I have to do to become inducted?
Our five-step program takes approximately 12 hours over the course of the semester at your pace.
Is this recognized on campus?
We are a Registered Student Organization (RSO). As of 2021, we had 1,906 in our chapter and there are more than 1.4 million members nationwide.