Image description: ACCESS Peer Mentors group photo.
Advocates Creating Conversations that Engage and Support Students
The ACCESS Mentoring Program is designed to provide students with the opportunity to connect with a member of UNT’s faculty or staff as well as a peer mentor. Your faculty or staff mentor will serve as a guide and resource to you over the next academic school year. The application to participate in ACCESS mentoring during the 2023-2024 school year is open now!
2023-2024 ACCESS Mentoring Registration Form
Your Faculty/Staff Mentor will:
- Assist you in setting goals to achieve academic and personal success
- Contact you a minimum of four times a semester
- Serve as a point of support throughout the semester
- Engage you in topics of discussion that will aid you throughout the year
- Share with you their experiences and provide advice as needed
- Have fun with you!
Your Peer Mentor will:
- Assist new students in getting acclimated to campus life
- Help students understand the many resources available to them
- Host programs and events for students in the ACCESS Mentoring Program
- Support students through on-going group and/or one-on-one meetings
Mentees are expected to:
- Make a one-year commitment to the ACCESS mentoring program
- Respond to emails and contact from a mentor in a timely manner
- Interact with your mentor a minimum of three times a semester
- Be receptive to the information and resources given to you
- Attend any other arranged meetings with your mentor throughout the year
- Attend mentor/mentee group events and program recognition events, as available
Connect with Us
Visit us on campus in the Union, Suite 376, or check out our social media!