Join the ACCESS Mentoring Program!
Advocates Creating Conversations that Engage and Support Students
The ACCESS Mentoring Program is designed to provide students with the opportunity to connect with a member of UNT’s faculty or staff as well as a peer mentor. Your faculty or staff mentor will serve as a guide and resource to you over the next academic school year.
Your Faculty/Staff Mentor will:
- Assist you in setting goals to achieve academic and personal success
- Contact you a minimum four times a semester
- Serve as point of support throughout the semester
- Engage you in topics of discussion that will aid you throughout the year
- Share with you their experiences and provide advice as needed
- Have fun with you!
Mentees are expected to:
- Make a one year commitment to ACCESS mentoring program
- Respond to emails and contact from mentor in a timely manner
- Interact with your mentor a minimum three times a semester
- Be receptive to the information and resources given to you
- Attend any other arranged meetings with mentor throughout the year
- Attend mentor/mentee group events and program recognition events, as available