#DentonRentFreeze Week of Action
Student Tenants deserve a compassionate response from landlords and elected officials during the COVID-19 crisis and a freeze on April's rent!
Monday: Knowledge is Power. Learn your rights and join us for a Q&A Zoom call with the North Texas Fair Housing Council!
Tuesday: Call a Landlord. Together we are stronger - go to bit.ly/dentonrentfreezeday2 for sample scripts to email, text, or call your landlords.
Wednesday: Demand a City Council Resolution.
Thursday: Demand County and State Action.
Friday: Social Media Storm.
- We DEMAND that the UNT System creates and enforces comprehensive racial awareness and inclusion curriculum throughout all campus departments and units, mandatory for all faculty, staff, and administration. This curriculum must be vetted, maintained, and overseen by a board comprised of students, staff, and faculty of color.
- We DEMAND that the university institute a mandatory cultural competency course required of all students either in a first-year seminar or a stand-alone course integrated within Orientation and Transition Programs.
- We DEMAND that the university creates a specific outline to address diversity and inclusion practices in the strategic plan that will increase retention rates for marginalized students, sustain diversity curriculum and training, and promote a more safe and inclusive campus.
- We DEMAND that by the academic year 2021-2022 the University of North Texas increases the percentage of black, brown, and other marginalized identities among the faculty and staff campuswide to match the demographic representation of our student population.
- We DEMAND the University will allocate new financial resources towards the expansion of the multicultural center and the entirety of the Division of Equity and Diversity. We believe our students deserve a building just like the greek life center to accommodate the needs of individual minority groups.
Sign the petition for a more inclusive UNT | Read the statement | Sit-in press release
Take a moment to explore our website to learn more information about our executive board, senators, and the different ways that SGA can benefit you, the student. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns, or come by our office in Union 344 to meet with us in person.
Who We Are
The Student Government Association is the official voice of the undergraduate student body at the University of North Texas. As an organization, we are committed to making each student’s opinions and concerns heard in the administration. The Student Government Association is comprised of an Executive Branch, Student Senate, Supreme Court, and the Intern Program. Together, these factions work with students across the University and administration to make our campus better for everyone.
Memorandum of Understanding | Student Constitution | By-Laws | Budget | Election Code