Starting July 6, 2020, we will be back on campus Monday – Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Until then, and on Fridays in July, we will be available virtually 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Please contact us at 940-565-2614 or email studentlegal@unt.edu

Upcoming Clinic Time Modifications, Clinic Cancellations, and Office Closures

  • Call us at 940-565-2614 or email us at StudentLegal@unt.edu for details.

Please note:
Open Legal Clinic hours can sometimes change with little notice. We recommend calling the office on the day that you plan to stop by for the clinic if you are traveling a far distance.

If you cannot make it to the open legal clinic due to class or work, an appointment can be scheduled instead. Please note that the wait for non-open legal clinic appointments can sometimes be a week or longer. Please call the office at 940.565.2614 if you wish to schedule an appointment.

If you need immediate assistance, we suggest contacting the Lawyer Referral Information Service for the State Bar of Texas. Through this service, you can receive a 30-minute consultation for just $20.00. If you and the attorney agree to keep working after the first 30 minutes, their rates will apply. You can reach this service by calling 800.252.9690 or you can get a referral online by visiting www.texasbar.com/LRIS.


Forms to Start With 

Self-Help Packets

Below are links to fillable self-help packets created by UNT Student Legal Services to empower you in resolving certain legal situations. Each packet has instructions and forms that can be filled out in Adobe PDF format, then printed and filed with the court or the appropriate agencies. While these forms are meant to aid you in resolving your own issue, we encourage you to make an appointment with the attorney in our office before proceeding.


This web page has been prepared for use by the University of North Texas students only. These downloadable forms and explanations have been provided as a convenience for students and do not constitute legal advice. Before using these sample letters or forms, it is highly recommended that you visit Student Legal Services (The Union, Room 411) for more complete information contained in our free pamphlets. In addition, students with legal dilemmas are encouraged to schedule an appointment with our licensed Texas attorney who can provide appropriate legal advice.


Services Provided by Student Legal 

personal injury
Have you been injured in an accident? Did someone damage your car, but now won't cooperate? Are your...
By: Student Legal Services
Employment Law
Unpaid wages. Discrimination. There are other ways of making sure you're properly compensated, and if...
By: Student Legal Services
Notary public
Notary Public services for currently enrolled students are available Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 4...
By: Student Legal Services


Contact Us