Day Use Lockers
Having lunch in the Union and want to put your items in a secure location?
The University Union has several Day Use Lockers that students can choose from while on campus. These lockers can be found on the second, third, and fourth level of the building. All lockers are first come, first served.
We have "Key-In Lockers" on the third and fourth floor and "Touchpad Lockers" on the second floor. See the information regarding the specific policies regarding locker use:
Lockers are located on the third and fourth levels of the University Union for students to utilize and are only available for day-use. Please see the following regarding policies:
- Any items left at the end of the day will be removed and taken to Lost and Found. All items must be removed by 10:00 pm Monday through Thursday and 5:00 pm on Friday during the long semester.
- These lockers are keyed individually and will require those wanting to utilize the lockers to check out a key from the Student Organization Receptionist located in Suite 337. Locker keys must be returned to the receptionist on duty no later that the times mentioned above.
- The Union Building Managers will remove any items left in lockers after 10:00pm pm Monday through Thursday and 5:00 pm on Friday during the long semester. Items removed by the Building Managers will be taken to Lost and Found at the Union Information Desk, 2nd floor.
- If the key is lost, stolen, or otherwise not available for return within 3 days of the checkout date, a $50 replacement fee will be assessed.
Key-In Locker Hours
Lockers are available to be checked out when the Student Organization Receptionist desk is staffed.
During the long semester the hours are:
- Monday through Thursday | 8:00 am to 10:00 pm
- Friday | 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Saturday and Sunday | Unavailable
Key-In Locker FAQs
- Can I store my items in the locker over the next few days?
- No, these lockers are for short term use only. Any items left in the locker when the Union closes will be removed and taken to the Information Desk.
- What happens if I misplace or lose the key?
- Please notify us immediately and your account will be assessed the $50 fee.
- If the individual has items in the locker, notify the Student Org Receptionist during the day (Room 377) or a Building Manager in the evening to assist with removing their personal belongings with a master key.
- There is no one at the Student Organization Receptionist Desk and I need to return my key, what do I do?
- You can take it to the Union Information Desk, and they can collect the key.
- Do the lockers remain locked all the time?
- Yes, lockers should remain locked at all times. This prevents Union guest(s) from storing items in the locker.
Touchpad day use lockers can be found on the north entrance by Starbucks. Touchpad lockers do not utilize keys but do require a four digit pin you would create on your own.
Just like Key-in lockers, touchpad lockers are emptied out at the end of the evening by the Union Information Desk. Items are logged as lost and found and may be subject to being donated, recycled, or disposed of. Any perishable food will be automatically disposed of. Please use the following instructions to utilize the touchpad day use lockers:
- 1. Press START
- 2. Put in your own 4-digit pin that you can easily remember
- 3. Place your items inside
- 4. Close the door and press the LOCK icon
There will be a red light that blinks once the locker is locked to show that it is now occupied. To unlock the locker please do the same steps in the same order. Please make sure you do not lock the locker but leave it unlocked. If you have any issues opening up the touchpad lockers or if you forgot your pin, please inform the Union Information Desk staff. If you locked your items inside please know that we will have to confirm what items you have inside before we release them to you.
Touchpad Locker Hours
Touchpad Lockers are available and are self serve checkout.
During the long semester the hours are:
- Monday through Friday | 7:00 am to 10:00 pm
- Saturday | 9:00 am to 10:00 pm
- Sunday | 12:00 pm to 11:00 pm