University Centers and Events (UCE) encompasses the University Union, Gateway Center, Coliseum and Student Affairs at Discovery Park. UCE provides quality programs, services, and facilities that enhance the educational experience and create a community for students, faculty, staff, alumni, and guests. We assist students to become citizens of a global community, prepared to function successfully in the world.
The University Union, part of University Centers and Events (UCE), provides quality programs, services, and facilities that enhance the educational experience and create a community for students, faculty, staff, alumni, and guests.
- Being Student-Centered: We value student involvement, employment, and leadership opportunities that promote learning and personal growth beyond the classroom.
- Being Service-Oriented: We value great customer service, overall quality, and adaptability.
- Being Technology-Driven: We value technology and advancements that increase our efficiency in delivering programs and services.
- Being Environmentally-Conscious: We value environmentally responsible practices and sustainable initiatives.
- Being Valued: We value individual uniqueness without reference to race, color, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or gender identity. and thought.
- Being Ethical: We value integrity as demonstrated through honesty, civility, and fairness.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students who participate in UCE programs will be able to apply knowledge and experiences that support their academic and personal growth.
- Through interaction with our staff, programs, and services, students will increase their capacity for interdependence and collaboration.
- Through participation in our student employment program, students will develop skills and competencies that will contribute to their career-readiness, academic, and personal growth.
- Through interpersonal interaction with student employment, programs, and services, students will gain an understanding an appreciation for cultural and human differences and recognize their role in contributing to positive social change.
- Through usage of UCE facilities, students will establish a sense of place that contributes to their sense of safety, wellness, and social connection.
History of the University Union
Imagine a 21st-century student union building fueled by the energy of a post-email generation that grew up on Facebook, have always used Google as a verb, tweet more than they talk, and have an app for everything. Imagine a union that embraces and communicates UNT's rich sense of history and culture. This revitalized University Union will embody the culture, legacy, and aspirations of UNT, and simultaneously serve as a living symbol of UNT's promise of greatness.
As UNT grows into a major public research university, the rejuvenated Union will elevate to play a key role in providing UNT's students the best holistic education in Texas. Symbolizing all that is the "Green Light to Greatness," the Union will dramatically enhance its ability to service the university community, the City of Denton, and the State of Texas.
The transformation of the University Union will embrace and enhance the architectural character of Central Campus, be sustainable and efficient in operations, symbolize the UNT Brand, and feature bright, daylight filled spaces throughout its open and airy interior. The Union's carefully designed exterior features large windows, covered terraces, and beautiful views to and from the Library Mall, Highland Street, and Union Circle. Powerful new entries will welcome the campus community by providing recognizable beacons that anchor a clear, simple and understandable circulation system and allow people to effortlessly navigate to - and through - the rejuvenated building.
Did you know?
- Not only does the University Union host many campus services and dining options, it also accommodates space for student meetings and functions.
- UNT's University Union was first formed as the Memorial Union, in honor of the men and women lost during wartime. The Memorial Wall, currently pays tribute to our fellow Eagles who have served.
- The first college unions were available only for men. As more women pursued higher education in the early 1900s, some colleges opened separate union facilities for them. UNT's union has always been open to all members of the UNT community.
- UNT's student-led programming office, UPC, puts on more than 180 events and activities thanks largely to the suggestions made by UNT students.
- The Union Gallery hosts a variety of student and community artists throughout each semester. It is a great free way to check out local art on your way to class.
- Discounted tickets are available through Union Perks. Enjoy campus and DFW community-wide events and attractions for a fraction of the price!
- More than 60 pieces of art are featured throughout the Union building. Spend a free moment browsing the unique examples of talent at UNT.
The Union Board of Directors (UBD) is the governing body for the University Union. Comprised of seven students and six faculty/staff members, the UBD oversees the formulation and implementation of policies and procedures for the University Union. They serve as an advisory board for the Union programs and services provided, approve budget changes, and determine business operations. The UBD also coordinates regularly with university officials. Meetings are held monthly.
For more information please contact the Board at email@example.com
FY 2022-2023 Meeting Minutes
August 2022 | September 2022 | October 2022 | November 2022 | January 2023 | February 2023 | April 2023
FY 2021-2022 Meeting Minutes
August 2021 | September 2021 | October 2021 | November 2021 | January 2022 | February 2022 | April 2022