For students who have an approved accommodation of Kurzweil, we hope these instructions will be helpful for you in learning how to access and navigate this assistive technology software.
There are two options to utilize Kurzweil. You may download the software onto your computer or you may use it through www.kurzweil3000.com
If you do not remember your login information, please email Books.ODA@unt.edu for assistance.
Regardless of whether you are accessing through the software or online:
- Simply go to your “Universal Library”:
- Under your name, click on the “Public” folder to find out what books have been added to your library which will show up on the right side of the screen.
- Double click on the book you want to read
- Your “Universal Library” is your homepage.
- You will find two columns (on the left are the contents (folders) of your library and on the right are any contents).
- Your name should be the first folder on the left side of the screen. Click on your name and three subfolders should appear.
- Click on the “Public” sub-folder and your books will appear!
Below you will also find some introductory information and short tutorial videos about Kurzweil.
- Kurzweil Basics: How to videos for Kurzweil 3000 Windows version 11
- Reading Options: Change Reading Options Video
- Zone Editing (make Kurzweil read only what you want – Bypass heading, photos, page numbers): Zone Editing Video
- Creating Flashcards: Creating Flashcards
- Notetaking in Kurzweil: Improve Note-Taking with Kurzweil 3000 Assistive Technology (Win)
- Writing Made Easier Overview: How To Use Writing Templates in Kurzweil 3000 Assistive Technology (Win)
- Kurzweil 3000 Complete Overview: Complete Guide to Kurzweil 3000 (Version 16) - YouTube