Main Clinic Business Hours
|Fall and Spring||Summer and Mini-mester|
Monday-Thursday 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM*
Appointments are available Monday-Thursday 8:00 AM - 4:45 PM and Friday 9:30 AM - 4:45 PM.
*Fall Hours begin after Labor Day.
Monday-Thursday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Appointments are available Monday-Thursday 8:00 AM - 4:15 PM and Friday 9:30 AM - 4:15 PM.
Allergy Clinic Hours
Monday-Thursday 9:00 AM - 11:15 AM and 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Friday 9:30 AM - 11:15 AM and 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
*Students must be checked in by 11:15 AM / 4:30 PM to be seen.
Fall and Spring
Monday-Thursday 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Friday 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Monday-Thursday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Closures for Holidays and Between Semesters
The Student Health and Wellness Center Clinic and Pharmacy is closed between semesters and on University holidays.
The 2018-2019 academic year has the following closures:
- Labor Day- September 3, 2018
- Thanksgiving- November 22-23, 2018
- Winter Break- December 22, 2018-January 1, 2019
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day- January 21, 2019
- Spring Break- OPEN
- Memorial Day- May 27, 2019
- Independence Day- July 4, 2019
Options When the Clinic is Closed
When the Health Center is closed, and you don't know how to treat a medical issue or how severe it could be, you can use a telehealth option for guidance. UNT students have a few different options, mostly based on their medical insurance.
- Students enrolled in the student insurance plan can use the 24-hour telehealth line at (855) 355-7998 for free medical advice from doctors or other medical providers.
- Students enrolled in other health insurance plans should consult the back of their insurance card for medical advice options. These options could be with nurses or with doctors or other medical providers.
- All students, regardless of insurance coverage, may call Parkland’s Nurse Call Line at (214) 266-8777 free of charge 24/7.
If you find yourself in need of medical treatment when we are closed, you can visit 24-hour pharmacies, minor emergency clinic, freestanding Emergency Room or a local hospital of your choice. In the Denton area, you can choose from the following options. These facilities are not associated with the UNT Health Center and are therefore not covered by student fees. Please contact each facility for pricing information and to determine if your health insurance is accepted. If unsure which option is best for your needs, you may use a nurse call line option listed above or call 911 for a medical emergency.
24-hours Pharmacies- You should use a 24-hour pharmacy for over-the-counter medications for home care and for filling prescriptions when the UNT Pharmacy is closed.
- CVS Pharmacy on University Drive: (940) 387-9549
- Walgreen’s Pharmacy on University Drive: (940) 384-0240
Minor Emergency Clinics- You should use a minor emergency clinic if your issue is non-life threatening but cannot wait for the Health Center to reopen. Please note these facilities will NOT treat concussions/head injuries; perform MRI services; or perform surgeries.
- Care Now: (940) 383-2700
- Denton Regional Urgent Care Center: (940) 220-5901
- Minor Emergency of Denton: (940) 220-3224
- Pediatric Urgent Care of Denton: (817) 750-7334 and select Denton Clinic when prompted (for patients under age 22)
Freestanding Emergency Room (ER)- You should use a freestanding ER if your issue is life-threatening but likely will not require admission to a hospital.
- Code 3 Emergency Room at Denton: (940) 514-8120
- Medical City ER Flower Mound: (972) 420-4911
- Surepoint Emergency Center: (940)218-6712
- Texas Health Lewisville ER: (469) 312-3660
Area Hospitals- You should use a hospital if your issue is life-threatening and could possibly require admission to a hospital.