UNT COVID Testing Program
UNT offers rapid testing through the Student Health and Wellness Center clinic and PCR testing through the Curative testing locations.
Starting May 16, 2022, the Student Health and Wellness Center (SHWC) will return to pre-COVID-19 operations. This means the SHWC will only serve students and will no longer offer COVID testing, vaccines, or boosters for UNT faculty and staff. Students will need to schedule an appointment with an SHWC medical provider to receive testing for COVID-19 and pay any applicable insurance co-pay, office visit fees, and testing costs. Faculty and staff will need to contact their primary care provider for COVID-19 testing. Free at-home test kits can be ordered online from www.COVID.gov/tests.
UNT Student Testing- Student Health and Wellness Center
Students who need COVID testing should make an appointment to see a Health Center medical provider. If the medical provider feels COVID testing is appropriate, they will order testing through the Health Center's laboratory.
Frisco Campus BinaxNow Testing
Starting May 2, 2022, BINAX testing at the Frisco Campus will be available on a walk-in basis at Hall Park A 2811 Internet Blvd. Suite 100 front desk from 8 am to 5 pm.
UNT Student, Faculty, Staff & General Public Testing - Curative, Inc.
UNT faculty, staff, students & the general public can schedule an appointment for a self-collected nasal swab at testing sites operated by Curative, Inc.
- No out-of-pocket cost for UNT students, faculty, and staff or the general public with valid insurance. Reduced self-pay pricing for uninsured general public patients.
- Requires an appointment using the test site-specific link. Walk-ins may be taken if open slots are available.
- You will need to show the QR code sent to check-in for your appointment.
- The test uses a self-collected nasal specimen.
- It takes less than 10 minutes to complete.
- Results will be emailed and/or texted (determined when you made your appointment.)
- Symptomatic and asymptomatic patients can be tested.
- This is a PCR test.
Curative, Inc. Testing Sites
UNT Parking Lot 20 Testing Kiosk
700 N Texas Blvd., Denton, TX 76201 (Behind UNT ROTC Building)
Testing available Monday- Friday 10 AM to 5 PM.
Additional Information about Curative, Inc testing
- All patients are asked to wear a mask and social distance going to, while at the testing location and when leaving. Staff will direct you to remove your mask to collect your specimen.
- Wash your hands before and after testing. When available, use hand sanitizer at testing locations.
- Please review the Instructions for a Shallow Nasal Swab video before your appointment.
- You can download a pdf copy of your lab report at https://curative.com/manage. Please enter your appointment number and your date of birth to access your result. At the bottom of the page, you will find a button that says "Download Report PDF".
- It’s rare that results would take longer than 1-2 days upon receipt of the sample to our lab to be ready. If you have not heard back after four business days, feel free to reach out to the Curative support team at email@example.com with your name, appointment number, and date of birth so that Curative can assist you.
Guidelines for individuals who test positive for COVID-19
As of April 29, 2022. the University will no longer offer contact tracing for positive test cases. Individuals who test positive for the virus should follow current Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines for quarantine/isolation and follow the treatment advice of their medical provider. Students, faculty, and staff should handle COVID-19-related absences the same way they handle any other health-related absence.