The Student Health and Wellness Center offers several virtual services for students who are learning remotely or would prefer to receive services from the comfort of their own home.
The Student Health and Wellness Center clinic offers telemedicine appointments for the following services:
- Primary Care Visits
- Examples include:
- Birth control consultations
- Coughs and colds
- Medication refills
- Minor injuries or wounds
- Rashes/skin conditions
- Examples include:
- Specialty Services Visits
Telemedicine will be used for appointments without lab testing and at providers' discretion. A provider may determine that a telemedicine appointment is not appropriate for the patient's situation and request the patient instead come to the clinic or seek outside medical treatment if not near Denton, Texas. Also, due to legal restrictions, telemedicine appointments can only be utilized by students who are in the state of Texas at the time of the appointment.
Scheduling Telemedicine Appointments
Students can schedule telemedicine appointments by one of the following methods:
- Log in to the patient portal at myosh.unt.edu
- Call (940) 565-2333 during regular office hours
Cost of Telemedicine Appointments
Telemedicine appointments may have an office visit charge or copay depending on insurance benefits. Any office visit charge or copay should be paid before the virtual visit. To ensure proper billing, update your health insurance information on the Insurance tab of the patient portal.
Virtual Health Education Services
The Meadows Center for Health Resources offers the following virtual services:
- Virtual Health Education Programs offered throughout each semester including a library of archived programs
- Virtual Wellness Consultations with Certified Health Education Specialist
Scheduling Virtual Wellness Consultation
Students can schedule a virtual wellness consultation by one of the following methods:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with name, ID number, consultation topic and available days and times
- Call (940) 565-2787 during regular office hours
Cost of Virtual Health Education Services
The virtual services of the Meadows Center for Health Resources are paid for through the Student Medical Services fee, so there are no additional costs for students to participate in these services.